Friday, April 18, 2008

quotes

Kevin Garnett
“I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did.”
Ray Allen
“At the end of the day, what brought me back here was my players, the guys I've played with. That meant more to me than anything.”
“Everything I know now . . . the pitfalls, the highs and lows, everything . . . it taught me and made stronger.”
Paul Pierce
“We probably don't want to build a Grizzlies Stadium, because it'd be hard to put up and hard to get rid of, but aside from that, what would you like to see,”
“I'm not thinking about points, I'm thinking about wins. It's about roles, and that's my role. I can say it's a lot more fun in front of my family and friends.”
Patrick Stump
“Yeah, I've been writing a bunch of new stuff, but it's all secret. In fact, I may or may not have been writing stuff this entire interview.”
“He's writing what I'm singing, and I'm writing what he's playing.”
“I don't think we care anymore about what we're gonna do. We're just gonna be our own band and we're not gonna pretend to be any more rock or any less whatever than we are. We're kinda hardcore kids, we're kinda a metal band in this weird way, we're kinda into soul, we're kinda into folk, we're kinda into a lot of stuff and we're just gonna do whatever we do.”
“I think you can totally be a totally normal kid from the suburbs of Chicago and go off and play shows. It's one of those things that when you go home, you're still the nerd you were when you left, and your parents still get to yell at you about cleaning up your room, and your girlfriend still drags you to the pet store.”
Pete Wentz
“Why are you making cupcakes when you're just gonna poop them out?”
“If you aren't just a little bit depressed, then you aren't paying very much attention to what's going on in the world.”
“Nature shows suck ass, though cobras are pretty sweet. Pretty much any animal that has a gang named after it is pretty bad ass. I would go for an animal combo, like a bear that carried a cobra -- total unstoppable force. Give that thing wings and humanity is f***ed.”
“Underwear. It's like a goddamned leash. It also constantly reminds me of how funny I look naked.”
“If you know me you know how uncool I am. I stutter, wear bad clothes, make bad jokes, make conversation uncomfortable, the list goes on. Thank you for making me feel okay.”
Adam Gontier
“On tour, there was a young girl that came up to me and said if it wasn't for the song 'Home' she had felt that she wouldn't be here anymore. She related to that song so much that it apparently saved her life.”
“We just did what we do. People think that we've changed and become somebody else, but really it seems that they've actually changed.”
“If there's beer flying at us, it's all good, brother. We started playing tiny redneck bars up in northern Canada where there's tons of beer flying and wire cage protecting the band and all sorts of stuff. So we're down with the party.”
“We actually wrote the record in and out of Canada, where we live, in sort of cottage country. ... We were at a lake, around campfires, writing music.”
“I think the music has evolved from what it was on the first record. The first one was sort of about things going on around us growing up in a small town. This one is sort of personal to me.”
“At one point when we were on the road, I felt like I had a target on my back. I felt like there were a lot of things getting thrown at me that I had to deal with and I felt alone… I was the only one who could really understand myself.”
Gwen Stefani
“I want to be a guy, but I want to wear a lot of makeup.”
“I think I've been able to fool a lot of people because I know I'm a dork. I'm a geek.”
“Being in a band you can wear whatever you want - it's like an excuse for halloween everyday.”

No comments: