Saturday, April 12, 2008

pete wentz talks wedding dresses!

As you already know, Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson just announced their engagement! And I already have some wedding dress dish from Pete.
While I was talking with Wentz earlier today about his new exclusive clothing collection of young women’s T-shirts and hoodies for Nordstrom, our conversation turned to possible wedding plans.
“I would not even try to step in and design Ashlee’s wedding dress,” said Wentz, who launched his Clandestine fashion line four years ago. “I don’t think she would want that—thank God. Anyone who would want a wedding dress designed by me, I would not want to marry them.”
Guess that settles that.
Back to the subject of his collection, Wentz said even if the collection is carried in the junior department, guys shouldn’t be afraid to wear some of the pieces.
“It is unisex,” Wentz insisted. “Here’s the thing, it ends up in the junior section, but there’s something strangely liberating in going into the women’s section or junior section of a store. I mean, I do it at places, and it’s, like, I’m all right with that. I can take that walk."
One of the new shirts is emblazoned with a pic of his two-year-old bulldog, Hemingway, standing on a skateboard.
“He’s actually really into skateboarding,” Wentz said. “Skaters will go by, and he kind of chases them. They think it’s really funny, but I’m like, 'Yeah, don’t slow down too much, because he’s actually going to go after your board.' ”
In a couple of weeks, Wentz will have some competition from none other than his fiancée when Wet Seal launches Simpson's debut clothing line. Even so, Wentz isn't worried. In fact, he said he prefers playing second fiddle to his girlfried.
“I’ve always been all right being second place to her,” he says. “I’m fine being her purse.”
Wentz, a Chicago native, has been a supporter of Illinois Senator Barack Obama. He even designed a fundraising T-shirt earlier this year for the presidential hopeful. But Wentz admits he’s not expecting Obama to return the favor by sportin’ Clandestine any time soon.
“I wouldn’t recommend that he gets involved with me as his stylist,” Wentz said with a laugh. “When it comes to that kind of thing, he’s doing very well on his own. Putting him in a T-shirt and sweatpants would probably not be a good idea.”

No comments: