Friday, March 28, 2008

Adam Gontier biography

Adam Wade Gontier (born May 21, 1978 in Norwood, Ontario, Canada) is the lead singer and guitarist of Three Days Grace.
Gontier was influenced by his mother, as well as The Beatles, Sunny Day Real Estate, Jeff Buckley, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains.
His interest in guitar started with his mother listening to all types of music when he was growing up. Adam Gontier stated on the Three Days Grace website, "My mother is a musician, so she's really the one who introduced me to the experience of performing live. She got me singing with jam bands in bars when I was 12 years old. The Seattle music scene really inspired me and my songwriting."
Adam is currently on tour with his band Three Days Grace. While on tour he has posted surveys for people to answer with various questions on his Myspace. The cover of the album One-X includes a quote by Adam that states:
"I'm on the edge and falling off/and I'm sick of feeling numb/Help me believe it's not the real me/Maybe we can turn it around/Cause it's not too late/I'm standing here alone/feeling so stepped on/It wont be long until I'm burning on the inside/I just don't care anymore/And it drags me down/Things are clear/I will not die/We are one."
Adam has several tattoos, including a solid black band and some of the lyrics to the song "Never Too Late" (Now and again we try to just stay alive maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late it's never too late) on his right forearm, and a tribute to his grandmother on his left arm. While he was in Cleveland, Ohio on March 3rd, 2007 he added a tribal head design on his right upper arm.
Also in 2005, Gontier went to rehab for an addiction to Oxycontin at the Toronto rehab center CAMH, which is where many of the songs for One-X were written, including "Animal I Have Become", "Over and Over", "Pain" "Riot" and a few more. He is still sober, and a docu-drama about it named "Behind The Pain" was released in 2007.
In 2006, Adam was part of the Big Dirty Band project on the Trailer Park Boys soundtrack, along with other Canadian rockers including Lee, Lifeson, Care Failure, Jeff Burrows and Ian Thornley.
In 2007 Adam was featured on Apocalyptica's song "I Don't Care".
While Three Days Grace is on tour with Breaking Benjamin and Seether, Adam sings Amy Lee of Evanescence's part in the song "Broken" when Seether performs.
He married Naomi Faith Brewer in 2004.

No comments: